Winter Wondering




Hey guys, I need your honest opinion: I’m thinking of either entering today’s look or this one- in the winter wonderland contest, but I’m not sure which one is best. I personally didn’t like the second one THAT much but you guys all seemed to love it so maybe that one? I’ve checked and it isn’t against the rules to enter a look after you’ve already uploaded it, so I might just enter that look. What do you guys think? I love today’s outfit though, the striped jumper almost reminds me of ice skating or something because of the color and the stripes, has some sort of sportsy vibe to it and I’m Dutch, and Dutch people always hope a winter will be cold enough for us to organize the “tour of twelve cities” where ice skaters race through 12 cities over frozen rivers etcetera. So winter always gets me in the mood for ice skating. Which is quite silly because I can’t ice skate at all. I fall flat on my ass within 2 seconds, really. Which reminds me of that one time, at ski camp (haha) where we went skiing in Austria for a week with school. I was probably the very worst skier in my entire class. I think I spent more time lying on my ass than standing on those damned skis. But snow is quite soft to fall in (softer than ice anyways) so I didn’t mind THAT much. Come to think about it, it’s pretty weird that I still love the snow since snow pretty much equals falling flat on my ass if you look at my history. But I do love the snow. I love how it seems to wash the world clean. Right up until it melts and leaves the world even ickier than before, haha. But seriously, I love the snow. I love the sounds the snow makes when you walk through it. Over here we call that “knerpen”, do you guys have a special word for the sound snow makes when your feet crush it? Anyway, I love the knerping of the snow, haha :D And I love looking at the night skies while the snow is falling down, all those white flakes make me feel a bit dizzy in the head and somehow have this soothing effect on me. And I love watching my cats play in the snow of course. The youngest ones always have lots of fun running around, burrying their little kittypaws in the snow.

As for my outfit: layering is key when it comes to cold weather. I’m wearing a sleeveless top, a tshirt, a knit jumper (the blue one, a grey, faux fur lined cardigan (the grey one) a red coat (the red one :D) and a pair of tights, a pair of over the knee socks and a pair of wool mix socks. I’ve never done this tights-socks-socks again thing before, but it certainly kept my feet warm and looked subtly quirky. I’ve been really into socks peeking out of my boots lately I guess.

ANYWAY: tell me what outfit I should enter, this one or this one (click it to check it out)and don’t forget to check out my Olsenboye look (click it to get through) and fave it if you love it! 

 coat, socks: H&M
shorts, jumper: vintage
boots, cardigan: Pimkie

PS: it’s decided, I’ve entered this picture in the Winter Wonderland contest. I changed my write up a bit and I’m quite pleased with the end result! If you love the entry, don’t forget to fave! Same goes for my Olsenboye entry! Check them out, let me know what you think and favorite them if you love my picture/writing! :) Thanks for the feedback girls and boys!

26 comments

  1. You look so gorgeous :)
    Love your coat!

    http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! this post made me laugh! I love the way you write!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I love both outfits, I think maybe the first one was my fave, I really love that outfit. But this one is so cute and fun. The other ones maybe a bit more wintery? Up to you though, go with whichever you love most :)
    Loving these boots

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik vind ze allebei heel erg leuk! Moeilijke keuze..

    Heb een vraagje: ik ben op de 15e december (18u30-21u) uitgenodigd om de nieuwe s/s '11 collection van River Island te gaan bekijken in de winkel in Antwerpen & ik mag iemand meenemen. Ik dacht dat het mss leuk was om eens een mede-blogger mee te vragen ipv een vriendin die er niet héél erg in geïnteresseerd is.. Cindy van GlamourBbey komt ook & blijkbaar nog een hele hoop andere bloggers! Let's do a Belgian blogger meetup? :-)
    Laat maar weten als je zin hebt, dan geef ik je naam door aan het persagentschap! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the very top photo for the Chictopia contest - it showcases all parts of the outfit (including the beautiful red coat) and is just a fun shot as well.

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I personally like more this look, probably cause you rock those over knee socks and that bright red suits you and highlights your face.
    I always wondered whether Dutch people we're all good in ice skating, haha now I see that not because you're Dutch it means you're good at it. The first time I ever ice skated was there in Belgium. My boyfriend was waiting for my great fall but it never happened, he was amazed!.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this look! The jacket is simply awesome and the sweater is very cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look!

    Your red jacket really stands out and your boots are so cute!

    Marja <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. kweenie of je het hier terugleest, maar JA ik wil supergraag mee naar River island!!!!! :D voeg me anders toe op facebook:
    annebeth bels

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're waaaay too good for Chictopia heheeheh
    love, love, love a red coat in winter!
    still snowy in Antwerp? brussel is letting me down with just icy pavements that are so freakin' dangerous!! I preferred the snow (even if my dog hated it)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been skiing, but I love ice skating, luckily I don't fall over that often, probably because I used to love my roller skates as a kid.
    Gorgeous outfit, I love your red coat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this outift. It has a lot of contrast of colours which attracts the eye. I say this one! :d

    chocolate-closet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, I love the second one. That sweater is so cute, I want it for myself!! Good luck witht he contest, I will vote for you of course!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice boots! great outfit!
    Kiss:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your red coat is gorgeous.

    http://stylewhiskey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think it was a wise choice to put this photo in the contest! I LOVE this outfit:D Totally would wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the red in winter! such a sexy look!

    www.elekonchicboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Leuke shorts!

    xx Birgitte
    http://fashionaccordingtobirgitte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh you look so lovely and wintery! I wish I had a red coat, you might have seen my post about you and your red coat the other week! gorgeous look :) and love the snowy photos!
    xx
    www.rosie-glow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cool coat ;D

    http://fashionismyway.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmm. I love both outfits, I think maybe the first one was my fave, I really love that outfit. But this one is so cute and fun. The other ones maybe a bit more wintery? Up to you though, go with whichever you love most :)
    Loving these boots

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look so gorgeous :)
    Love your coat!

    http://vicissitudinilombarde.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete