Lana Claws

dress: ASOS - nails: EBAY

O. EM. GEE. People, these talons I call fake nails might be the most awesome thing ever. Ok, so wearing them makes me feel a bit like a WAG (in the best way possible) and I have to learn how to type all over again, but I feel incredibly glamorous, like an old time movie star. Makes me want to (fake) smoke with one of those cigarette holders, and wear (fake) fur shrugs and slingback peeptoes, and eat caviar on toast. Like, chique and tacky at the same time: LANA DEL REY STYLE! Girl is my number one inspiration these days, I hope you're not sick of her yet CUZ I SURE AIN'T. 

Her postmodern mix of grit and glamour appeals to me to no end: the best way to stick it to all those arrogant pricks who try to tell you what (not) to wear is to confuse your onlookers by creating your own, hybrid abomination of style by mixing pretty with ugly, cute with bold and right with wrong. If you succeed, you'll be hailed as the next it-girl. If you fail, at least you had some fun!

I actually think I look a bit like her in these pics <3 


Just stop me when I want to get my teeth capped.

15 comments

  1. Damn! How stupid was I not to have bought that dress that day!! Is that a size 10? Because I was scared it could look a bit baggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but it doesn't! You look great in ittttttttttt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes it's a size ten and it fits like a glove! maybe it comes back in stock?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those nails! They are very glam idd!

    ReplyDelete
  5. despite the fact that you could seriously CUT someone with those nails - i ADORE the color! :) you're too cool, girl
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore adore those nails, very Lana-esque <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lana would be proud! Leuk kleedje ook :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. actually, real nails are a lot sharper! I hurt myself LESS with these nails, go figure :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, these are cool. love your dress btw!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy nails Batman! I don't think I could function with nails like that. (I'm already drawing on my contact lenses ON MY EYE as I put on eyeliner, I don't need help poking my eyes out haha) I feel a little bad that I have no idea who Lana Del Ray is (yes, even after everything you've said) but I guess she must be awesome if you dig her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you should google some of her songs, hauntingly beautiful!! and actually, those fake nails are LESS dangerous than my real ones: not nearly as sharp, and you're more "aware" of them as well. But it does get hard to do your make up :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! You really look like Katy Perry. I told you that before and I'm saying it once again! :))

    ReplyDelete