Mullet Skirt


skirt: c/o Sheinside - tshirt: Pimkie - jacket: H&M - brooch: Topshop - sneakers: Converse - sunglasses: ASOS


Yet another Sheinside piece that looks a lot prettier in real life that on the website! I'd been looking for a cute, affordable high-low skirt to try out the silhouette. This one fits the bill perfectly! I've been wearing it all day for some groceries, shopping and ice cream. At the moment I am SO into the way maxi skirts strike a balance between laid back-ness and a tiny bit of glamour.

The underskirt is stretchy and perfectly long enough. Chinese garments are often at risk of being too short for even us regular sized European chicks, but in my experience Sheinside garments fit exactly the way they are supposed to. I once tried on one of those seethrough maxi skirts at Forever21 but the underskirt barely covered my butt. I'm all for sideboob, but underbutt is a bridge too far even for me.

Anyone have any tips on what tops to wear with maxi skirts or high low skirts? I'm always struggling to find the right top with my favourite bottoms. Which is probably the main reason I used to ALWAYS wear dresses. No need to fret over what to pair with what! Ah, but these days I like to challenge myself. AMBITION! But in all seriousness, after feeling very "meh" about clothes for a while I seem to have found my stride again. I have pieces I lust after and a style I want to attain. Best thing: this entire outfit feels fresh to me, and yet except for the skirt these are all pieces I have had in my closet for ages. Yeay for reinvention!


PS: my boyfriend and me were giving off a bit of a Kate Moss and Jamie Hince vibe today. My boyfriend's style is quite Jamie Hince British rocker-dandy in general, and now my style is getting a bit more edgy and casual and Brit so YEAY WE MATCH

shirt: H&M - belt: Zara - skinnies: COS - boots: Tim's

Ah, his signature silver fox hair, goofy face, multi-textured and printed all black, skinnies and rocker boots. HAWT! Especially love his paisley shirt.

18 comments

  1. oooh ik heb ook net zo'n rok gekocht! Vind het echt zaaalig gewoon, staat je ook mooi! De bovenstukken das idd niet makkelijk... Ik combineerde het met een zwart marcelleke vd h&m (mijn rok is wel blauw ipv zwart) Simpel is altijd goed zeker? Veel plezier ermee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that skirt! you could even wear it with the atomic bomb tank top you just posted recently!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did think of that! but if I tuck it in most of the pretty print will be covered, and over it might be too dumpy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE this outfit, that tee is so cute, and this skirt is really perfect. I usually just grab dresses because it's easier too. I love the denim jacket with this too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh what a fun post! love your blog and your hair. let's follow each other! xx
    www.kerrinpalooza.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fact you called it a Mullet Skirt. Genius! Looks great with converses and you boyfriend looks very smart.

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not over the mullet trend *at all*, I feel like an old glumbering lady when I see girls around wearing "those things" and I hate its weird look and I think they are unflattering and quite odd on most bodytipes.... Most people seem to try hard to make it work, miserably failing as at their best they look like a Zara dummy coming along the street with no imagination at all...!
    BUT I never seen anyone wearing it with casual nonchalance as you did here. I LOVE IT how you paired with your old and well loved clothes and converse for a casual and fresh outfit. YOU WON!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have actually never seen someone wear one of these in real life, except for one of my blogger friends, and she wore it perfectly... But I'd be turned off from them if I saw everyone looking crap in them as well :-D I just really like how they are sort of relaxed and comfy, yet unique and eye catching. Would work just as well with heels and a chique blouse for a nice event as with sandals and a T for some shopping imo. I hope I made them more acceptable for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really not into mullet clothes, but watching your pics, I agree with myself to say that your body shape is way too ok for this high/low skirt. And what to wear with it, I like to wear a boob tube with a maxi skirt, for the "whole tube effect"!
    Nice pics again, and hurray for the comfy outfit & A-brooch great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what do you mean with "way too ok?"? :D is that a good thing or a bad thing? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. eheh, you already did it as it looks great on you, expecially because you successfully dressed it down in a fun casual look - but with a twist. I love it when things that seem too dressy find a new way to be worn other than the obvious. You rock! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wat een mooie outfit! Ik moet mij ook eens zo'n rok aanschaffen :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This makes me want to try the high-low skirts. Definitely my favorite styling of this trend! You're always so pretty, and I love how casual-chic this is!
    I need a good denim jacket now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wasn't convinced by high-low skirts, until I accidentally fell in love with one in H&M. Worn right, they're lovely, and I'm crazy for the way they move when you walk. I love the way the fabric streams out behind you when you move fast. So much fun!
    I wear mine very simply, just with t-shirts mainly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Annebeth, just found your blog through Charlotte of Girl Next Door's post on her dress with converse combo and not being a fan of that, I actually loved how both you and her look wearing dress/skirt with converse. I was inspired to try it. I think pretty much any top will go well with a maxi or high low skirts-just tried them on and see which looks better. I recently worn my high lows with a yellow star print sleevless blouse. You can see it here
    http://notsopoisonous-ivy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/dip-me-high-dip-me-low.html


    xoxo
    Ivy (Your New Follower)


    P.s Do pop by sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks for your sweet comment! checking out your blog right now!

    ReplyDelete