Leopard, Leather, Glitter

jacket, boots: H&M - scarf: present - leather skinnies: Pimkie - friendship bracelet: Etsy


LOOK at how glorious my hair is in these pictures! I'm probably imagining it but my hair seems darker now than it was at this particular afternoon, just after I bleached it. Is that even possible? I'm guessing no. 

The outfit is just something I threw on. I've said it once and I'll say it again: if your entire closet is filled with pieces you love, you can basically grab anything and still end up with an OK outfit. At least that's the theory of it. Lord knows I still stand in front of my closet from time to time having ZERO clue what to wear. Mostly when I'm having a down day, really. My sense of style and my mental health are closely related to each other. 

Do you ever experience a surge of inspiration when you're in a good place, or a stretch of blah-ness when you're feeling lost? Why do you reckon that is? I always feel like shitty times have me internalize all kinds of frustrations which turns into self doubt -> I lose my footing when it comes to creativity. I'm mostly in a good place right now, but I'd be lying if I'd say I wasn't still struggling with my father's death earlier this year.

When you see me wearing a sucky outfit, just blame it on that.

10 comments

  1. Same. Iets zo groots als de dood van een ouder neemt toch bijna letterlijk de grond van onder je voeten weg. Hoe gek en detached de relatie ook was. On the bright side; je staat prachtig op de 3de foto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. het doet vooral pijn als ik denk aan de mooie dingen eigenlijk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really interested in fashion or style when feeling blah. Looks don't matter at that moment.
    And it's logical that your hair looks lighter here, 'cause of sun shine, duh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great look! wanna follow each other!?xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. ma in andere zonnige foto's die ik daarna heb genomen is het niet even licht! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ken ik! Als ik me slecht voel, is NIETS in mijn kleerkast goed en wil ik me gewoon oprollen in bed met mijn pyjama aan (die is dan wel nog steeds ok).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denk dat iedereen dat wel heeft, als je je slecht voelt kan ik mij vaak gwn niet motiveren om na te denken over wat ik wil aandoen, dan lijkt het zo nutteloos om daarover na te denken. Meer dan begrijpelijk dat je het daar nog moeilijk mee hebt trouwens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ander lichtinval, duh! Een dezelfde foto trekken op verschillende dagen is praktisch onmogelijk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair DOES look glorious in these shots :o) And those shoes make me happy. I'm just the same, if I'm feeling crap mentally, my style definitely suffers...

    ReplyDelete
  10. TOCH LEEK HET TOEN LICHTER DAN NU OK :D

    ReplyDelete