Gold and Green Longsleeve Trapeze Dress

dress: ASOS - coatigan: thrifted - satchel: Zara - boots: vintage via Think Twice - necklace: Sira & Mara - earstuds: Winston&Celeste - tights: H&M


Ah, I love this dress. Love love love it. I have had it in my faves list on ASOS for AGES, like, literally half a year, and then it got discounted 50% for some reason and I POUNCED on that shit like a rabid dog pounces on, uhm, a cat or something? You know what I mean. Anyway, I love how this dress is comfortable and casual and elegant at the same time, depending on how you'd style it. I went with a vintage-chique look, but the dress would look just as cute with sandals for a stroll in the park, pumps + jewelry and a clutch for a party or converse + a tote bag and a denim jacket to hang out with girlfriends.

And to top that, I will wear this dress forever: its basic shape won't go out of style, would look just as nice on a 20 something as on a 40 year old AND offers space for me to gain weight when I inevitably lose my battle with cheese one day (which admittedly isn't much of a battle, since I hardly put up a fight). DON'T YOU SEE IT THIS IS BASICALLY THE ONLY DRESS I'LL EVER NEED. Let's hope it stays pretty, because jersey is known to lose its shape after a few wears/washes.
 

DO YOU LOVE IT?

8 comments

  1. Ja, heel schoon! Toffe kleur ook en gaat inderdaad nog eeuwen meegaan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous outfit, doll! I love the color and fit of the dress <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tof kleedje, maar ik ben vooral fan van die laarzen. Spijtig genoeg moet je daar echt op stoten in tweedehandswinkels. Wrm maken ze dat model niet meer?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GIRL you have no idea hoezeer ik akkoord ga. Ik heb NO SHIT echt 4 jaar gezocht naar deze laarzen en ging bijna dood toen ik ze uiteindelijk vond. Ze zijn ZO comfortabel, en ze vervullen die heilige graal maatstaven qua been-fit. Moderne laarzen zijn allemaal smal aan het enkel en lopen uit naar boven toe en dat is helemaal niet mooi, of toch bij mij niet. Laarzen horen recht te zijn, staat veel chiquer in mijn ogen. Ze waren lederen deadstock, en heb er 16 euro voor betaald. Een van mijn beste vintage finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! OBSESSED with that dress! You're right, it is going to last you forever! And pairing it with that coat = perfect :)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mooi kleedje, vooral in combinatie met de schoenen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, I just LOVE this outfit, and that dress seems PERFECTION! great color, long sleeves, comfy yet beautiful! <3
    I love how you paired it too. Everything goes oh so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am still absolutely loving your hair! It makes me want to chop mine off! This green dress is also awesome! What a fantastic color and it looks super comfortable too.

    ReplyDelete