Sweatshirt, Boyfriend Jeans, Pumps


sweatshirt, boyfriend jeans: H&M - pumps: c/o Wonders - ring, necklace: Diamanti Per Tutti - belt: boyfriend's

I'd been lookig for the perfect type of square, oversized sweatshirt since falling in love with Paulien's maxi skirt look in this blogpost. I've always had a difficult relationship with tops (lulz): I never have any problem finding bottoms I like, but tops? They never seem to fit me quite the way I'd like them to. The length, the fabric, the fit: it's all important when I look at tops. I usually look for tops that have a bit of structure to them: not harsh or stiff, but something that doesn't just follow the shape of your body (and the outlines of your bra). Something a bit square-fitting, with a hem that hits me just above the hip. Just to exemplify: I hate this shape on me, while I love this one. When you can tuck a top into a higher waisted bottom, this is less of an issue of course. Another tip of mine: raglan sleeves are always a plus. And flimsy fabric is always a minus.

N E WAY, I picked up this sweatshirt at H&M last week before visiting the Rituals flagstore shop opening in a large because I love the way the sleeves hang off my shoulders. The top is a bit long on me, but I'm still contemplating whether I want to shorten it or not. I like the length because I can wear it with leggings as the top just covers my butt in the back, or do a semi-tuck with jeans, but I might shorten it yet.

Do you have any pet-peeves concerning tops? And should I shorten the top or not?

PS, just for the lulz: I went to the market wearing this outfit but it was cold and rainy so I wrapped my scarf around my head & neck and ended up looking a lot like Jasmine.




DEAD RINGER


11 comments

  1. Love it! Also: great make-up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thaaaanks! I've been updating my make up routine lately, might do a post on it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trui is echt wel leuk, goed gekozen! En ik vind die lengte net goed zo, kan dan idd op verschillende manieren worden gedragen.

    http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't shorten the top, i like it this way! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zeker doen, die geupdate make-uproutine posten, ik vind dat heel leuk om te lezen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. deze top vind ik toch wel schoon ze bij u! maar ik draag dat zelf ook niet zo graag. liever bloesjes of een kleedje

    ReplyDelete
  7. wat bedoel jij met bloesjes? tops zijn zo ingewikkeld :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leuke outfit, casual cool & pretty! Het topje is bij deze goedgekeurd door mij :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. bloesjes = uit een zachter stofje, zoals zijde ofzo, vrouwelijker model
    tops = topjes en tshirts uit katoen bijvoorbeeld!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Die schoentjes met die broek is echt perfect! Ik zou de top een beetje inkorten.
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete