Shearling Biker Jacket, Velvet Skirt, Purple Lips



coat: c/o bankfashion.co.uk - skirt: c/o Oasap - top, snake earring, tights: H&M - necklace: Forever21 - flats: Texto


Dude, I am dead tired. But I just had a delicious dinner of macaroni with gruyère cheese and oven roasted vegetables topped off with some red fruit beer, so I'm good.

Time to share an outfit, and then I'm off to bed with a book (still crazy about "A Song of Ice and Fire")! Do you see this t-shirt I'm wearing? It is perfect. Only 7€ at H&M right now, and I love it in all of its boyfriend-fitted, bespeckled eggplant glory. I had come to the conclusion that, while I have more than enough clothes to last me a life time, I am sadly lacking in the basics department. And basics are exactly what I want to wear these days. After looking down on people wearing just jeans and a t-shirt for ages (yes I am a brat), here I am wanting to do nothing more than just grab jeans and a t-shirt in the morning.

When does one cross the line from being effortless to just being lazy?

It's all just in the eye of the beholder anyways.

But! I made an effort with this outfit. An effort that turned out looking slightly goth in all the right ways. Wearable goth! The green velvet skirt just looks sumptuous with the burgundy top. And I looooove the biker jacket (has just been significantly marked down!). Love love it. It's completely unlike anything I already own (I think I have about zero hip length  winter coats) so I was super excited to add it to my wardrobe. Biker jackets seem to be super hip right now if I look at the current high street collections, so if you like the silhouette you're bound to find a version that works for you.

Off now, time to catch some zzzz's (omg can I get any more douchy?)

What do you think, is this outfit something you might wear or does it just read as too goth?

PS: I'm crazy about wearing metallic nailpolish with my Diamanti Per Tutti ring right now. Mixing metals always looks cool, but I especially love it done like this.

25 comments

  1. I love you more each day, Betsels <3 This look is right up my alley, pun intended, I guess.
    I've been searching for a green velvet dress for ages, but still haven't found the one. Green velvet and biker jackets, best things in the world, JAH!

    http://in-so-mnia.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes I can see you wearing this in a heartbeat. But with a slightly less casual top perhaps, something like a blouse! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for casual, let's grab a sweater, sneakers and jeans, these days. Tired and lazy club!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your legs!
    And the darkness of the outfit. I wouldn't go for purple lips myself though.


    Lies

    ReplyDelete
  5. it would look SO good on you though!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That purple lipstick is sooooooo good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Casual goth ! And the make-up looks awesome on you !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it to pieces and I'd wear it tomorrow! but it's still too darn hot here to wear tights and dark outfits I am sticking with summer clothes plus layers - being lazy and not wanting to switch to the winter wardrobe just yet.
    Yep goth but still wearable and very urban chic. I love it how you paired it with ballet flats instead than the usual boots (usual for a goth outfit), they really drive it to chic.
    (Yay to "A song of ice and fire", I still have to finish the last book - waiting for the cheap version to be published in Italy - yep still waiting..)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that skirt! I was lucky enough to snag a vintage green velvet jacket while in Paris, and I already own a green velvet maxi dress. That mini looks so cute on you, and I love how you styled it with everything else. And really, it's the lipstick that really goths up this outfit, it's just got really deep, rich tones without being overly gothy, really lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ik leef in basic tshirtjes, en meestal komen die van de h&m maar ze gaan zo snel stuk :( heb deze ook al gespot in de h&m maar heb mezelf beloofd dat ik vanaf nu investeer in kwalitatieve basics!
    Mooie jas ook!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes but the lipstick IS key in making this look strong I think! GOTH all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  12. aaah poor you, but you could do something similar without tights as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for reading me for all this time btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. leuke jas, lijkt vrij hard op de mijne (in't wit) :) work life makes you lazy about clothes, it's true :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ik word meer en meer door de goth stijl aangetrokken precies, love the lips! En basics, tja... Dat heb ik niet echt (veel), ik draag het ook niet echt superveel, dus geen gemis hier :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Die outfit is echt perfect.
    Ik ben verliefd op die slangenoorbel! wow

    http://polishedcats.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looooooove the lips <3 Paarse lipstick NEEDS to take over fall/winter ^^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woa, this outfit looks gorgeous on you! Love the green-eggplant combination!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look so so cool in this outfit! I love the dark colors and your awesome purple lipstick. That snake earring/cuff is the best thing ever too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this outfit! Very wearable goth, I think it's the combination of the purple lipstick (which looks fantastic on you) and that badass ear cuff! The coat is very cool. I have a biker coat too but mine is striped, which means it doesn't go with as many things.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous! Ik werd meteen aangetrokken door de goth-vibe in deze foto's. Dark yet classy, just LOVELY! En ik snap je basics-probleem. Kleren genoeg om alle arme kindjes te laten overwinteren in Alaska, maar een gewoon zwart pulletje? Nopes..

    ReplyDelete
  22. One week later and finally we have tights season - it was about time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes, I can definitely relate to this. Love your choice of a purple lipstick. Definitely a hot color now =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mooie kleurencombinatie (ook al had ik eerst niet door dat je rok groen was :p)
    Naomi, x

    ReplyDelete