Wanted: Small Cross Body Bags

It has recently come to my attention that big purses are, like so two-thousand-and-late. I mean, we will always need big purses to haul our shit around in, obviously, but somehow I feel like the more you've got going on in your life (#workingadultproblems), the less complicated you want everything else to be. Simpler wardrobe, less cluttered living spaces, easy beauty routines and, yes, smaller purses. As much as I love my feminazi tote bag, sometimes it really bothers me when it takes me a minute or two to find something (or to ascertain whether an item is actually IN the bag or somewhere else entirely). Also, cookie crumbs, man. And look how cute small cross body bags can look as an accessory!


small cross body bag

Source, clockwise starting from top left: ASOS - Collage Vintage via WhoWhatWear - Polienne - InezDaily

So! Because women's clothing remains totally failing in the pocket-department (shallow pockets if you're lucky, or NO POCKETS AT ALL), I've decided to start carrying a little bag. Something practical, simple, clean, holding the essentials for quick errands: wallet, phone, lipstick, sunglasses. That's it. I can't tell you enough how great it feels to NOT stress out because you have to rummage through your oversized purse, looking for your smartphone (I'm probably not the only one who constantly thinks they've lost their expensive-ass phone). I ended up buying this 9.99€ H&M cross body bag, because it is a total steal, because it's just large enough to hold everything I need, because it's white (which goes with everything) and because it's really, really pretty.


small cross body bag


Before I ended up buying this bag, I contemplated several other cute, affordable options. Here are some of the nice options I managed to find.

small cross body bags H&M mango asos

Source: 1//2//3//4//5//6//7

So! Which one do you like best? Would you ever give up your carry-all for a small cross body bag?


9 comments

  1. It's funny, I recently started switching to a small cross body bag on the weekends because I'm sick of carrying around my bulky work purse all the time. There's a nice freeing feeling you get from carrying a small purse with just your essentials

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that feeling, wanting your environment to be organised because the inside of your head is chaos. I have a small-ish (it's still large enough for a book and/or a bottle of water) cross body bag for my social life, and a big(ger) bag for work -- mostly filled with food instead of workrelated stuff, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I still carry my big bag to work for food etc, but I just leave it under my desk when I go out to lunch for example. And keeping stuff organized is absolutely a way to keep myself from stressing out over all the stuff going on in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ik wil die grijs/zwarte van ASOS, die is echt leer en NET iets groter dan de witte die ik nu heb. Goed stuk om te hebben!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooeh mooi! Zou ik ook wel willen, maar dan moet ik wel leren minder rommel mee te sleuren :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh die van Mango is mijn favoriet! Ik sleur elke dag al 2 tassen mee (boeken, laptop, lunch, koffie, paraplu en soms sportgerief, UGH) dus in het weekend ben ik zo blij om met een mini handtas rond te lopen. Voelt zo volwassen <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brrr... cookie crumbs. I believe you've just added a new item on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete