Beauty: bronzing with Oasap 6 colors pressed powder palette

As this is the time of year when I'm pretty much at my palest, my regular contouring products have become too dark and too warm toned for me to use. At least until I get some sun on my visage again, but for now, I'm looking for a new solution. I used my oasap store credit to order this 6 colors pressed powder palette (sold out now, but they'll probably get something similar in soon), because it seemed to contain some nice, neutral mid brown tones based on the pictures, and I figured that you guys might be interested in a review as well since a palette like this is a great way to ease your way into contouring.

6 colors pressed powder palette: bronzer/contouring review

The palette contains 6 shades: three highlighters, two browns and one peachy blush. 1 is pure white, 2 is yellow based, 4 is taupe/beige, 3 is a mid tone brown just on the warm side of neutral, 6 is a cocoa brown that is much warmer when swatched than in the pan, and 5 is a bright, peachy orange.

6 colors pressed powder palette: bronzer/contouring review

The products can be used to contour, but the shades are too warm for my skintone so the result looks very "done" on me, not subtle or natural. I like that look from time to time, but this would still suit me better when I have some tan going on.
 6 colors pressed powder palette: bronzer/contouring review

Quite orange, but I did use a lot of product to show you guys a clear result. Either way: not a perfect contouring solution for pale winter skin with a cool undertone.

However, that does not mean that this palette is useless, I found that it does a really nice job as a bronzer to subtly warm up my complexion! (btw yes, the previous pictures and the next ones were taken on different days, which explains the change in colour/light. My skintone is basically chameleon-esque in pictures :/)

6 colors pressed powder palette: bronzer/contouring review

I used shade number three along my hairline and brushed lightly over my nose and cheekbones, basically where the sun would hit my face, and I used shade number one as a matte highlighter along the bridge of my nose, in the middle of my forehead and below the eyes. If my instructions aren't clear, check out these two tutorials! The result: a warmed up, glowing complexion. I love how the powder also smoothes out my skin, as you can notice along my forehead and just below my temple.

6 colors pressed powder palette: bronzer/contouring review

And a straight on look. Not too orange, just a healthy, warm glow. Lovely! I'm still looking for a contouring solution, but at least this gives some definition to my pale winter skin. I almost feel ready for spring. Not quite "let's browse freshtrends.com for a belly button ring because I'm about to wear nothing but crop tops bitchezzzz" ready for spring, but GETTING THERE.

Hope you had a lovely weekend!

2 comments