Outfit: professional in the tropics

The professional high point of our Puerto Rico travels was my presentation at the ICA2015 conference, obviously. As much as moments like these get my adrenaline pumping, I love that feeling of "this is go-time" when I have to prove myself by giving my best performance. When presenting your research, the best way to keep the nerves at bay is telling yourself that you are the expert in this matter, and that your job is to explain your work to people who want to hear about it. Keeps things casual yet focused. Another thing that always gets me in the right mindset, is to look the part. What can I say, I'm a material girl in a material world. I put quite some thought in the outfit, make up and hair I would be rocking at my international presentation, and this is the end result of that thought process. I loved the look, by the way, and I wouldn't change a thing! This dress was SUCH a good buy. I rarely find a body hugging dress that flatters me like this one does and I wish I could buy it in five different colours and prints.

professional outfit: fitted palm leaf print dress, gold wedges


professional outfit: fitted palm leaf print dress, cat eye sunglasses
professional outfit: fitted palm leaf print dress, cat eye sunglasses
professional outfit: fitted palm leaf print dress, gold wedges
professional outfit: fitted palm leaf print dress
professional outfit: fitted palm leaf print dress, cat eye sunglasses
dress: H&M - sunglasses: ASOS - purse: Mango - earrings: my mom's - wedges: Geox - watch: c/o Daniel Wellington - rings: Diamanti Per Tutti

I forgot to take a good picture of my make up, but here is one blurry flattering pic, and one clear unflattering pic. Combine the two and you have an idea of what kind of make up I was wearing :-D

daytime smokey eye
daytime smokey eye

A medium coverage foundation (Revlon Colorstay for dry skin), blusher and highligher from my Sleek Face Form kit, contouring with my Pumpkin & Poppy contouring powder, eyebrows done like in this tutorial, obviously my MAC Velvet Teddy lipstick, and a cool, daytime smokey eye using my GOSH smokey eye palette, the highlighter from my Dior 746 Ambre Nuit palette, my Diorshow Khôl pencil and of course my Maybelline Volum' Express mascara. One of those looks I always fall back on when I want to look my best. 

Hope you like the look! Or at least that this proves you can look professional and still keep the look fun.

5 comments

  1. De outfit staat je beeldig! Trouwens, dankzij jou heb ik Velvet Teddy aangeschaft en wat ben ik er blij mee! Het is echt de perfecte lipstick voor elke dag, bedankt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress definitely suits you well. I like this shade of green on you too =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Het is als je het mij vraagt DE lipstick die wat meer geld waard is, echt een perfecte basic en fantastische kwaliteit. Blij dat jij er blij mee bent!

    ReplyDelete