Beauty: Wunderbrow 1-step brow gel in black/brown review

Beauty: Wunderbrow 1-step brow gel in black/brown review

Hi guys! I have some really cool news to share with you: the blogger hype product, Wunderbrow, is finally available in Belgium, sold exclusively at Di. Not sure what the hype is about? Let me sum it up for you. Wunderbrow is a waterproof, transfer-proof, long lasting brow product - perfect to beef up your brows in summer without any danger of sweat or swimming messing them up. 

In wintertime, the product is just as relevant because it saves you time when rushing to get ready in the morning. I mean, I love myself a full face of makeup, but I love sleep more. And Wunderbrow promises you a done brow look that lasts up to three days if you don't use any oil based makeup removers on your brows.

Does it live up to its hype? Let's find out!

Beauty: Wunderbrow 1-step brow gel in black/brown review

As you can see, the product comes in a liquid lipstick type tube, with a small brush applicator - sort of like a nail polish brush. The box also comes with a spoolie (mascara type) wand. I'd read some complaints about the brush applicator, and I can see where people are coming from if they're looking to get that razor sharp instagram brow, but I prefer a more natural brow look anyway - like most people, I think. I have no issue using the brush applicator.

I received the product in the shade black/brown, after extensively browsing swatches online. At first I figured the brunette shade would be better for me, because I have rather light, ashy brows, but the brunette option seemed too light. Black/brown turned out to suit me very well. The colour is a tiny bit on the warm side, seemingly having a yellow-leaning base, but the tone is neutral enough to work for me. For reference, I use Ash Brown in ABH's Dipbrow.

Allow me to demonstrate!


The effect of Wunderbrow is gorgeous, if you ask me: my brows look naturally fuller, and application took me, like, 10 seconds? Not much more. Hands down the easiest way I've found to get such a nice effect.

Beauty: Wunderbrow 1-step brow gel in black/brown review

Wunderbrow comes in five shades: blonde, brunette, auburn, black/brown and jet black. The colour range seems very natural, and an auburn shade being available is actually pretty rare. Great option for my redhead babes out there.

Wearability-wise, I really can't fault the product. I generally only have to apply it once every two days, or I can quickly touch up where needed every day, which only takes me about 2 seconds. The product sets fast, and I like to use the spoolie wand to brush the product through and get my brows in the desired shape right before Wunderbrow fully dries down. It is definitely smudge-proof and waterproof, but since I use an oil-based makeup remover, it's a little difficult to work around the brows without removing some of the product. Hence, the reason why Wunderbrow doesn't last as long on me as it could. Still, the lasting power is impressive.

I have to note that my brows are not that sparse, though, so I just have to fill them in a bit. If you have to draw on your brows more, I'm not sure if Wunderbrow would be able to get you the most natural looking effect.

Beauty: Wunderbrow 1-step brow gel in black/brown review

I have absolutely found my new favourite brow product for my current favourite brow look. Easy, fast, great colour match, long lasting: win, win and win. Wunderbrow retails at about 29€ at Di, and I imagine a tube will easily last you over half a year. I'll update this post if it turns out the product dries out sooner than I expected, but fingers crossed that won't happen.

If you have any questions, hit me up!

No comments